Consular Processing & Waivers


  • If you have an approved I-130 based on a family petition, but you are inadmissible to the United States because you entered and stayed in the country without legal status, you will need to go through consular processing. This means that you will have to go to an interview at an embassy or consulate in your home country.

  • If you currently live in the United States, you first have to get a waiver, which is a form that asks for forgiveness from the United States for your illegal presence here. If you have an approved waiver that means that you have permission to re-enter the United States after you pass your interview.

  • Determining whether you’re eligible for this form of relief is complicated. Please schedule a consultation if you think you might eligible.

© 2020 by Law Office of Janelle Mosher, PLLC.